Table of Contents

1. The EU Intra-corporate transferee (ICT-UE) residence permit for managers, specialists and trainee employees

The main advantage is that it permits to the worker to be transferred anywhere else in the European Union.

2, National residence permit for intra-corporate transferee

This option concerns all the different types of workers not mentioned by the ICT-UE.

How to apply?

The application must be submitted by the company transferring the worker to the Large Business and Strategic Groups Unit (Unidad de Grandes Empresas y Colectivos Estratégicos (UGE). It is necessary to submit the application at least 90 days before arriving in Spain.

But do not worry, our international immigration lawyers at Marfour will take care of the application submission.

Once a positive resolution is received, the worker has to apply for the visa to the Spanish Consulate in the country of origin or in Spain if he/she is under a valid tourist visa. Again, you will be here assisted by your lawyer from Marfour.  

Once the visa is obtained, the worker will have 30 days to enter Spain.

How long does it last?

This residence authorization allows the worker to live and work legally in the country for 2 years.

What are the requirements?

At the time of the processing, it is necessary to prove that there is:

  •  A real business activity with a certification of the company

  • Higher education qualification (Bachelor, Master, PhD) or having minimum of 3 years of professional experience

  • The existence of a previous relationship between the worker and a company of the group of minimum 3 months

Marfour will advice you and help you to collect all these documents.

Can it be renewed?

It can be renewed for an additional two-year period. However, there is a maximum duration for an intra-corporate transfer:

  • Managers, Specialists: 3 years

  • Trainee employees: 1 year

If you want a renewal, please let us know at Marfour in order for us to take care of the extension application.

What are the main benefits of this visa?

  • Your family members can also obtain a visa if they wish to accompany you (spouse or unmarried couple; children; parents in the charge of the applicant).

  • It is a preferential procedure. In fact, it takes 20-30 days only to obtain a resolution from the UGE and around 10 days to obtain the visa from the Consulate.

  • No labor market test required

  • As we have said, when obtaining the ICT-EU visa, you will have the opportunity to enter, live and work in any EU-country

At Marfour, our immigration lawyers are professionals for this kind of visa and will be pleased to help you.

If you need any further information or have questions about the intra-companies transfer visa process, please feel free to ask at +36615691230 or at