Spain is known for its rich culture, beautiful beaches, and delicious cuisine, but it is also a land of opportunity for entrepreneurs. If you are looking to start a business in Spain, the Spanish Entrepreneur Visa may be the perfect solution for you. In this article, prepared by our immigration Lawyers at Marfour International Law Firm, we will provide a comprehensive guide to the Spanish Entrepreneur Visa, including its requirements, benefits, and application process.
What is the Spanish Entrepreneur Visa?
The Spanish Entrepreneur Visa is a type of visa that allows entrepreneurs to live and work in Spain while they start their own business. The visa is designed to attract foreign entrepreneurs who want to create jobs and stimulate the Spanish economy.
Requirements for the Spanish Entrepreneur Visa:
To be eligible for the Spanish Entrepreneur Visa, you must meet the following requirements:
- Business Plan: You must have a viable business plan that outlines your business idea, market analysis, financial projections, and other relevant details.
- Have the capacity for the investing in the business and to take care of your Personal expenses.
- Qualification or Experience: You must have experience in managing a business or have a degree or diploma in business administration or entrepreneurship.
- Legal Status: You must have a clean criminal record and not have been illegal in the country.
- Healthcare Insurance: You must have healthcare insurance that covers you and your family members during your stay in Spain.
Benefits of the Spanish Entrepreneur Visa:
The Spanish Entrepreneur Visa offers several benefits to entrepreneurs, including:
- Obtain residency and work permit valid for 3 years.
- Access to the European Union: Once you obtain the Spanish Entrepreneur Visa, you can travel freely within the Schengen Area for 90 days.
- Work Authorization: You can work legally in Spain in your business.
- Residency Permit for your family members valid for 3 years.
- Renewal: You can renew your Spanish Entrepreneur Visa for an additional five years if your business is successful
Application Process for the Spanish Entrepreneur Visa:
The application process for the Spanish Entrepreneur Visa is straightforward and can be completed in six steps:
- Create a business plan that meets the requirements outlined above.
- Obtain or have the necessary investment funds.
- Obtain healthcare insurance that meets the requirements.
- Apply for the Spanish Entrepreneur Visa at the Spanish consulate or embassy in your home country or from Spain.
- Wait for your visa to be approved, which can take up to 20 days.
- After the approval the correspondent registration at the Social Security and Tax Agency should be processed.
The Spanish Entrepreneur Visa is a great opportunity for entrepreneurs who want to start a business in Spain. With its flexible requirements, work authorization, and access to the European Union, the Spanish Entrepreneur Visa is an excellent option for anyone looking to build a successful business in Spain. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can start your entrepreneurial journey in Spain today.